Sector: Commercial / Industrial
Key Services: Survey; Options Appraisal; Tendered Works, Resolved Dispute with Neighbouring Properties
- Conducted a survey of the site and adjacent properties.
- Undertook an Options Appraisal and Specification prior to Tendering the works.
- Liaised with neighbouring land owners on behalf of the client.
- Reviewed all tender returns, sought clarifications and recommended the preferred contractor to the client.
- Cost savings of £22,014 to the client.
- Resolved dispute with neighbour amicably and at little cost to the client.
Key Services: Survey; JK Management Plan; Tendered Works
- Conducted a survey of the site and undertook a visual inspection of adjacent properties.
- Advised on the correct JK Management Plan.
- Tendered works to three PCA approved contractors.
- Correct JK Management Plan implemented.
- Provided reassurance to homeowner on the required works.
- Saving of £2,250 to the client based on costs provided by contractors.
Key Services: Survey; Options Appraisal; Management of Works; Regulatory Approval; Boundary Dispute; Contract Management
- Provided advice on a planning application for development on a site which contained Japanese Knotweed.
- Carried out full site survey and organised intrusive tracing to understand the extent of the issue.
- Prepared an Options Appraisal to identify most suitable remediation techniques to enable development.
- Created a Management Plan for submission to the NIEA and planning authority to satisfy planning conditions.
- Integrated the Japanese Knotweed remediation solutions into the final site design.
- AJK is currently in the tender review process for the works and the site is progressing through planning.
Sector: Commercial divestment
Key Services: Demolition Advice; Options Appraisal; Management of Works; Regulatory Approval; Boundary Dispute; Contract Management
- Provided advice on the segregation and supervision required during demolition works.
- Reviewed quotes obtained by the client to remediate Japanese Knotweed for £500,000.
- Instructed a full invasive species survey which identified Japanese Knotweed, Himalayan Balsam and Horsetail both on site and along the boundary of an adjacent site.
- Options Appraisal identified a method of clearing the site for divestment at a cost of £100,000.
- Saved the client £400,000.
- Negotiations were initiated with adjacent land owner for the boundary infestations prior to the completion of land sale.
Sector: Securing Investment
Key Services: Site Survey; Management Plan; Cost Risk Review
- Client obtained funding without overly onerous management requirements associated with Japanese Knotweed.